Day 1- Monday, August 9th
Woke up and told Zach he is not wearing diapers anymore and we put on his big boy undies. Showed him the toilet and said this is where we go pee and poop. Told him that whenever you need to go pull down your pants and do your business. After 6 or 7 accidents I decided this wasn't working. We put on a diaper and went to Target and let him pick out his own potty. He was so excited, we got home and tried it out. Still no success. Day 1 a total wash! :( What am I doing??
Day 2 - Tuesday, August 10th
Woke up and put big boy undies on Zach and reminded him that we go potty in the toilet and told him that if he went pee pee in the toilet he will get an m&m and if he goes poop poop he gets 2. He had a few accidents this morning and I decided to throw something new into the mix. Whenever he had an accident I calmly and sweetly told Zach, "Uh oh, let's go rinse off our pee pee" I didn't put any negative spin on it, just sort of matter-of-factly and I put him in the tub and splashed his lower half off with water. Of course he didn't like this, but after a few trips to the tub; he finally gave the potty a try. Yeah Zach! ( thanks for the tip Lisa) I didn't want to do the set the timer thing and run around after him all day forcing him to go, so I totally left it up to him. I was feeding Wes on the couch when he ran up with his little naked bum and said, "I did it!" I little nervous I ran into his room (where we put the potty while he played) and low and behold there was pee in there. MIRACLE!!! He proceeded to amaze me by doing it again two more times all by himself. I was so proud of him!
Day two was a total success!
Day 3- Wednesday, August 11th
Woke up again and put on the undies. He used the potty right away and continued to have success all morning. He did have one accident but after the rinse, he didn't have anymore today. Had to get out of the house. So we went to a fabric store with my sister. He wore a pull-up and stayed dry the entire time! WOW! Finally went poop-in his pull-up after nap-little stinker, still working on it. I think he is a little nervous about it, but I think we'll get it soon. Day 3 was a major success!


1 comment:
3 days in and you're doing THAT well?? That's great!! Hopefully he keeps it up! Good luck!
Post a Comment