Thursday, September 30, 2010

El Capitan State Beach Camping


This month has been pretty busy. Just when I thought summer was over, I forgot we had a camping reservation at El Capitan State Beach. But boy am I glad we went. Now this was my kind of camping. It was right near the beach which gave us all something to do during the day and yet the camp site felt like we were in the mountains- the best of both worlds. And my brother and Ava and brother-in-law Andrew came down last minute. We had a blast with everyone. And we finally got our first family photo. How sad is that? Wes is almost 9 months and we just took a picture with all four of us together. It isn't even a good picture, but it counts.

All the boys in their spear fishing gear. Zach was fascinated.

Uncle Jake's hammock got a beating . You couldn't keep them off it.My little Wes is getting sooo big and trying so hard to crawl. He's got the army version down.
If you have never been camping at El Capitan or never heard of it, it is just north of Santa Barbara and absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend it. We will be going again!

3 comments:

J, J and B said...

Your family sure does go on a lot of fun trips together!! It's really fun how your extended family gets together as well! I'm sure the kids are going to be great friends growing up!!

Thompsons said...

I love the pictures, especially the last one of little wes. So ad I missed the trip, next time for sure!

Shawna said...

Sounds like fun! Your guys are getting cuter and cuter by the month. Gotta love the army crawl- all of Owen's white shirts during his army crawl phase became gray:)