Friday, April 15, 2011

Bittersweet!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA lately, I don't know where the time goes.  Chris and I have been planning a much needed vacation for us and the day is finally here. We leave tomorrow for MAUI!!! I am so excited and yet so anxious! I have never left the boys for more than 3 nights and never left WES.  So this will be very sad.  I guess I'm really only nervous because it is so far away and can't come back at the drop of a hat.  I also feel so bad because Wes is just getting over some little flu bug and only wants me to hold him all day.  To top it off I noticed his gums were really swollen in the back and just saw two little daggers popping through, along with his two bottom side/front teeth(?). That makes four teeth coming in. Sorry mom! He has been sleeping like a champ despite the flu and teething so I'm crossing my fingers. Zach on the other hand is not sleeping so well. Does anyone else go through this? Two or three and sometime four times a night a cute, sweet little face in my face says, "Mommy will you tuck me back in bed please?" We do not allow sleeping in our bed because he is such a rough sleeper and it just makes for an awful night, but waking up two times is not fun either.  He is quite dramatic when he is tired and is known to cry very loudly, so I don't want him to wake up Wes, so I give in and get up and go tuck him back in bed. It is harmless but so tiring. I'm hoping a week at grandma's might fix it.  Do you have any suggestions?
Needless to say, Chris and I are so looking forward to a week of blissful, uninterrupted sleep. AAAAH!
 
Man am I going to miss these boys!
(aka Jake and Cubby-from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates",)
Zach is obsessed with me referring to him and Wes only as such. This is them playing in their pirate ship Bucky!
Ey Matey!

5 comments:

The Shaws said...

How exciting! Tim and I went to Maui last year for our 5 year. It was the first time leaving our boys. Matt was 11 months. We styaed in Dick and Judy's condo. Are you staying there?

The Shaws said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J, J and B said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see photos!! I hope you two have a GREAT time. The boys will survive at Grandma's and be so happy to see you when you get back!!

Thompsons said...

Have fun you guys! We will see you when you get back!!!

Shannon said...

Ooh hope you had a fantastic trip! I love that your boys pretend to be Jake and Cubby. It's adorable.

As for the sleep issue (if it's still happening) . . . Weston did that to us too around age 3. He didn't really need anything, he wasn't crying, he would just get up and come in my room and stare at me (a little creepy) or whisper "Mom." I can't remember exactly what we did to fix it, but I believe it involved a bribe. Like if he stayed in his bed all night he could have extra computer time the next day or something like that. Hope it resolves quickly!