Sunday, January 30, 2011

Zach is 3!

                                             (The new "big" boy bike we got Zach for his birthday. Yikes!)

My little buddy turned 3 on January 25th! What is going on?  I can't believe he is that old already, it makes me so sad.  I wish I could bottle up this age and keep him like this forever, he is so sweet.
 Some fun facts about Zach:
-He loves to count. He has been counting for a long time now, but he never gets tired of counting how many there are of ANYTHING! He can count from 1-20 and 20-30 with some help.
-He loves to sing. Favorite songs: I am a child of God, "Give" said the little stream, and Twinkle twinkle little star.
-He is so social. He will literally talk to anyone, kinda scary for a mom, but also very cute to watch him interact with people. I love to see their reaction to this completely not-shy little boy! Example: the other day we were at Wal-Mart and this interesting looking lady (it is wal-mart for goodness sakes) was behind us in line and Zach said, "Hi! Are you a funny lady?" Slightly embarrassed I said, "no she didn't say anything funny." But I knew he meant,"Hey lady,why do you look so funny?" I'm not sure where he gets his extremely outgoing personality, Chris and I were both pretty timid as kids.
- This kid is picky. He really only eats quesadillas, grilled cheese, mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, guacamole, frosted mini "meats"cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, refried beans, pancakes, waffles, french toast, and some snacky stuff that I hate to give him. I have to "sneak"in vegetable purees in the breakfast foods so that he gets something. But please tell me someone else is in my shoes.
-He has never-ever sat down and watched a movie until he turned 3 and now he is addicted to the movie UP! Great leverage right now!
-He is a great brother and loves to do his baby-talk to Wes when he first sees him in the morning.


There is so much more to our wonderful little guy but I don't have room to write it all. We love you ZACH! Thank you for enriching our lives each day!

2 comments:

J, J and B said...

I love the photo of Zach with his bike. The kids behind him look pretty jealous of his new bike! :) So funny about the Wal-Mart lady. I bet he keeps you on your toes! :)

Shawna said...

Zach is too precious! How fun it must be to watch his rich personality unfold. His figures of speech and phrasing are just too cute:)